Welcome to Midlands Medical Wellness Center LLC
* What are bio-identical hormones?
They are derived from a natural plant source of soy or yam and hand compounded to be biologically identical to the human form of estradiol and testosterone. The body is given what it can no longer produce.
* What can I expect BHRT to do for me?
The quality of life given back to every man or woman is second to none.
- Increased energy levels
- Restore or increase sexual drive
- Consistency in moods – no more roller coaster effect
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Decreased body fat
- Increased mental clarity and focus
- Higher capacity for getting the body in shape
* How often will I need hormone replacement?
It depends on the person, but anywhere from 4-6 months.
* Are there any side effects and/or complications?
Unlike other forms of hormone therapy, there are minimal side effects.
* I get horrible headaches, will this help me?
Yes! HRT has had great success with hormonally related headaches.
* Why doesn’t my doctor suggest hormone replacement as an option?
The vast majority of physician training is on synthetic hormones. More than likely, they were never trained on the use of bio-identical hormone therapy.
* If I am a woman, do I still need estrogen?
Bio-identical absorbable estrogen is an essential hormone for a woman to protect her against heart attack, stroke, as well as osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s. Synthetic estrogen taken orally does not offer universal benefits.
* I have no libido, what will this do for that if anything?
Good hormone balance will significantly improve your sexual desires.
* Will I grow unwanted hair from the testosterone?
There is less chance of hair growth with bio-identical hormones.
* Do I need other medications?
Unless the uterus has been removed, women will also need progesterone to protect the uterine lining.
*Do I need a referral from my primary care physician?
No, you do not need a referral from your physician.
*Do you offer any other services other than bio-identical hormone replacement?
Currently, MMWC is offering pellet treatment for BHRT.
*I am not comfortable using the computer. Do I have to schedule my appointment online?
No, although scheduling appointments on the internet on a secure server is the most convenient way, you may also schedule by calling the office 9 am-4 pm M-F.
*Do you offer appointments other than Saturday?
Currently, we only offer appointments on Saturdays and some holidays.
*What if I have a question during the week?
Just call our office number, and someone will return your call within 24 hours.